The Centre de Recherche en Éthique (CRÉ), in partnership with the Group de Recherche Interuniversitaire sur la Normativité (GRIN), is delighted to announce a conference entitled Faces of Disagreement, to be held in Montreal from May 26-28, 2016.
- Andrée-Anne Cormier (University of Montreal)
- Michele Palmira (McGill University, CRÉ)
- Sarah Stroud (McGill University)
- Christine Tappolet (University of Montreal)
Confirmed invited speakers include:
- Annalisa Coliva (University of Modena & Reggio-Emilia /UC Irvine)
- Ophelia Deroy (University of London)
- Carrie Ichikawa Jenkins (University of British Columbia)
- Daniel Groll (Carleton College)
- Christopher McMahon (UC Santa Barbara)
- Tristram McPherson (Ohio State)
- Jonathan Quong (USC)
- Gurpreet Rattan (University of Toronto)
- Russ Shafer-Landau (UNC)
- Isidora Stojanovic (Institut Jean Nicod)
- Ralph Wedgwood (USC)
Call for papers
We have room for a few contributed papers by graduate students and postdoctoral researchers. We invite submissions of full papers on any topic related to disagreement within epistemology, ethics, aesthetics, political philosophy or philosophy of language. We especially welcome papers which compare the nature and implications of disagreement across more than one domain. We encourage submissions from underrepresented groups in philosophy. We will cover travel and accommodation expenses (up to $1600 CAD) for those selected to present papers.
Papers should be maximum 5500 words and suitable for a 45-minute presentation. They should be accompanied by an abstract of no more than 150 words. The paper should be anonymised and suitable for blind refereeing. Please include a separate detachable cover sheet with your name, title, institution, and contact details.
The deadline for submission of papers is *31st January 2016*. Papers should be sent to Michele Palmira (email@example.com).
We will respond to those who submitted papers by approximately the beginning of March.
If you have any questions, please contact Michele Palmira (firstname.lastname@example.org)